RE: Paint Question

To: "Carl W. French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <prsmith@navnet.net>
Subject: RE: Paint Question
From: eldridge@nbnet.nb.ca (eldridge)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:04:06 -0300

 -----Original Message-----
 From: owner-mgs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-mgs@autox.team.net]On
 Behalf Of Carl W. French
 Sent: October 3, 1998 9:20 AM
 To: prsmith@navnet.net
 Cc: mgs@autox.team.net

 > Any tips about removing my LE decals prior ro painting?
 >
 > Thanks for your help
 >
 > Preston
 >
 > |-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--
 > | MGB top down time is getting scarce.
 > | Betti Ann and Preston Smith in the Head of St Margaret's Bay,
 Nova Scotia, Canada.
 > | email: prsmith@navnet.net
  Trevor took most of the questions well, I need to get some of the
 surface solvent also for an upcoming body/paint job. I have spent quite
 a bit of time removing some decals applied in 1980 on my 67 by a PO. The
 best method I found was a little heat, a careful hand with a razor, and
 a lot of time/patience. A bit of WD40 helps to disolve the adhesive
 also.
 Carl
 67B
 two ways i know use a hair dryer or a heat gun.
use "easy off" oven cleaner be careful be sure to wear gloves
Allan Eldridge
Beaner Harbour New Brunswick
70,72,79 MGB's