MG Colours

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Colours
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 22:48:31 EDT
For years I thought my MGB GT was Harvest Gold that had been subjected to
nuclear experiments resulting in a horrible, hideous color mutation. When =
got a Heritage certificate on the car three years ago, I was surprised to =
find
out it is actually =97 Limeflower. Yes, one of the really "special" BLVC h=
ues.
Used in 1973 only. Rare=97and for a reason. David Knowle's V8 book shows t=
here
were only 2 V8s produced in this color. The MGCC MGB Register listed only =
four
cars out of the 11000+ they have info on in Limeflower. Anybody else out t=
here
have a '73 GT North American spec in this flavor. Or have even seen one? o=
r is
mine likely to have been still on the lot by itself with the last of the M=
Gs
for sale in '80, 5 years after they stopped selling GTs here? Of course af=
ter
I finish the sills, floors and other needed bodywork, I will repaint in it=
's
original color due to its rarity rather than the mineral blue I originally
planned on.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL
59 MGA - Flame Red, originally Orient Red
69 Midget - Some kind of Green that looks like it was put on with a roller
over Pale Primrose
73 GT - LIMEFLOWER - the few, the proud...
79 Midget - Brooklands Green