Re: Soft-Top Frames

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Subject: Re: Soft-Top Frames
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:46:36 +0000
Larry Hoy wrote:

> Didn't this thread start out about frame rivets?  Was that question ever
> answered?
>
> My top is missing a rivet, it was replaced with a nut and bolt.  If the rivets
> are available I would prefer to replace the nut and bolt.
>
> Suggestions?

When I retensioned my hood a while back I refitted the aluminium channel
with ordinary pop-rivets.  Even though I have a 'long-nosed' tool, if
you see what I mean, I still had to put a small nut on the pin before I
put the pin in the tool, to allow the face of the rivet to sit right
down in the channel.

PaulH.