Re: Adventures in tipping (was adventures in towing)

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Adventures in tipping (was adventures in towing)
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 01:31:01 -0500
David,
I've been following this thread with interest.
Two questions.
I have a feeling this does not apply to you, but for an "average" tow truck
driver, do you think tipping in advance would encourage more attention to
detail? Would it just be better to wait & see if the guy "earns" the tip?

How do you tip the garbage collectors? Are you able to catch them, or do you
leave an envelope taped to the can (or other)? I'm really tired of climbing
down into the drainage ditch to retrieve my trash can...
Jim