Re: O.D. - to clutch or not to clutch...

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: O.D. - to clutch or not to clutch...
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:35:17 -0600
Hi Skye,

  Shux, I don't care about clutching or not  I commented on asking for
consensus when the manual(s) cover the info.  I realize the manual is,
in rare cases, wrong; or the various books conflict.  Usually you look
in the book and do it that way.  I also advocate fixing the thing if it
clunks, squeals, or otherwise informs you there's a problem.

  Regarding your OD and presuming that it won't disengage until you turn
off the ignition switch, it sounds like the power to the solenoid isn't
being interrupted when you flip the OD switch to the direct drive
position.  Check the OD switch to see if it opens up.

  Charley