Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:10:23 -0500
Neil Cotty wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've read quite a bit lately on SU's, Webers etc and I'm not sure why there
> are so many people out there with rubbernose cars converting to a Weber when
> they could convert to SU's.

I think another issue is cost.  I person can score a Weber and manifold
for about $400-$450 while a new set of SU's is about $600.  This is from
memory so don't beat me up.  If you are buying new the Weber is cheaper.
If you are cruising bone yards the SU's should be cheaper.  IMHO.  Of
course I am no expert, see my other posting if you doubt it :-)

--------
Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com