Re: Fuel Consumption

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Consumption
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 09:12:01 -0800
Eric........

This is going to be tricky! You mention buying fuel by the litre, and
driving almost 1000 miles a month. So, how should we express the expected
fuel mileage when we in America buy fuel in smaller-than-Imperial gallons
rather than litres (which would probably be liters if we were to buy in
them) and, if you ask the Texans, drive longer miles than most normal human
beings!

Anyway, if you are prepared to do the math, in our shop we generally reckon
that a well-tuned, stock B will average 22 miles per US gallon around town,
or 27 mpg cruising on the highway at reasonable speeds.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center