Re: Springtime Tune-up

To: gaetke@ix.netcom.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Springtime Tune-up
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 06:28:19 EST
In a message dated 1/5/99 10:44:08 PM EST, gaetke@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<      When I took my carbs off (HIF4s) earlier this week, I found the rear
valve
 soldered shut and the front one standard (present and functioning).  I was
 going to ask the list but forgot until this discussion jogged my memory:

        Why would you do this?

        Also, why would someone (I assume it wasn't the DPO, was it, Mike ? :)
 hehe ) only do it to one carb?

        Further, is this what made it hard to balance my carbs at idle?

        I was going to replace the soldered valve, but maybe I should be doing
 some soldering on the front one instead.  Pros/cons, anyone?

Mike,

The little temperature sensitive spring-loaded by-passes loose their "spring"
and I don't think replacements are available. Mine still work and I won't
think about doing away with them until they fail.

R. Johnson - Dallas