Re: Long drive-Reply

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Long drive-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:28:39 +0930
Word on the street is that Eric is tripping soon!

>In four weeks time I am going on a little drive.  Being early February
>it could still be a little warm inland but should not be much more than
>mid 80's (farenheit

Eric,
         tell us more, where are you going? East-West-or North, perish the
thought it's North. =8^O [ If you go South in S.A. you need a submarine
^)  ]

> (I have a mobile phone, but what the coverage is like on the way I am not
sure).

Telstra, have a map of the area of coverage of digital & analogue phones on
all the main routes around Oz, I took one on my last trip. [pucker time when
your off the map, right?]

>Being aware that most of you don't know what driving conditions are like
>in Australia.

But I do!! Honest!! My last trip was to Perth W.A. 3,600ks from go to whoa,
two and  a half to three hours a stage, with welcome stops for fuel and the
'small room' cruising at around 70 miles an hour [States speed limits] in
drive [Its an Automatic] Also o'night snooze and shower stops.

So tell us all where you are heading off to!

L8R

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.
MGB-LE '79- Auto. {ex Santa Rosa, Cal.}