Threading 67 MGB fuel Main Feed

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Threading 67 MGB fuel Main Feed
From: Kevin Rarick <krarick@Oceania.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:03:22 -0800
I'm fixing the hack job the DPO did on replacing the fuel pump on my 67 'B.
As I get further into the job the more I realize needs to be done. No
surprise there but for some reason I'm always surprised :) The DPO cut the
tank to pump inlet and the main feed fuel lines to fit them with hose and
clamps for the non-stock fuel pump they used. I am, of course, fitting the
car with the appropriate SU fuel pump. As a result I need to replace the
tank to pump inlet and main feed to regain the proper tube length and
provide proper attachment to the fuel pump. I need help and advice on
removing and installing the main feed.

1. How do I unthread the old main feed from the undercarriage of the car and
ultimately rethread the new main feed? I've detached the main feed from all
of the attachments to the body but I'm stumped on the puzzle of unthreading
the lengthy, crooked tube. There must be a secret move to this.

Many thanks for any help,
Kevin.
67 MGB