Re: Threading 67 MGB fuel Main Feed

To: Kevin Rarick <krarick@Oceania.com>
Subject: Re: Threading 67 MGB fuel Main Feed
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 00:00:54 -0600
Hi Kevin,

  I bought my bender at a NAPA auto parts store.  It is a plier-type
with interchangeable dies for different sizes of tubing.  I made the
bends slowly and in small increments, checking against the old pipe as I
went along.

  I put one little gasket on either side of each banjo fitting with the
recessed side towards the bolt.  Someone ( I think it was Kelvin from
Moss) said to stack up two gaskets on the pump side of the fitting to
ensure enough clearance.  I didn't do this because I diddn't find out
about that sugfestion until after I put it together. OK so far, although
I got some slow seepage from the fittings.  Looks like the gaskets
softened from exposure to fuel.  I had to keep re-tightening them.  Not
leaking now.  If you don't have 6 gaskets you might try a carb repair
shop.

  Hope this helps,

  CR