TD door hinges

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD door hinges
From: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:55:48 -0500
Is there a way to tighten the hinge short of pressing in bushings in the
existing hinge. My hinges were painted while on the car during the
rebuild and I prefer not to ruin the paint job. The one upper hinge is
sloppy. I don't want to dismantle it to repair it. I have a new hinge
from Abingdon spares but it is a  somewhat thicker
piece of brass and the hinge itself is not an exact match of the other 3
hinges.

I can't get the old pin out of the old hinge. I thought a new pin might
help, but I can't drive out the old one. Any suggestions?

Steve
52 TD