Re: Bon-Ami the Oil Burning Beast

To: grunt2@adelphia.net, vscjohn@huntnet.net
Subject: Re: Bon-Ami the Oil Burning Beast
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:11:41 EST
In a message dated 2/20/99 12:59:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
grunt2@adelphia.net writes:

<< V8 burned oil,as much as a qt every 200 miles!The fix the company told
 > > > the dealers was to pour some Bon-ami down the carb!This scuffed up the
 > > > cylinder walls and stopped the burning!If you are burning oil after a
 > > > rebuild......Well it's up to you.
 > > > Pat

listers,
I am in complete agreement with anyone out there who has suggested using Bon-
Ami for washing the toilet bowl as opposed to pouring it into an engine..Oil
consumption by the rings is a matter to be rectified by disassembly and
careful attention to details that may present themselves to
inspection..Usually rings that do not seat have a reason for not doing
so..oversize bores..a poorly applied cross hatch pattern on the de-glazeing
process..possibly chrome rings in a poorly prepped cylinder,etc..I would not
pour anything into a cylinder that would cause any abrasive reactions..It just
isn't the way things are meant to be..:-)
thoughtfully yours,H4(Howard)