Heat, or lack thereof in MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat, or lack thereof in MGB
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 20:08:12 -0800
Hi again,

     These chilly mornings (temp about 20F) have left me with a desire for a bit
more heat. (that's an understatement.)  The 77B, with a 190F thermostat, warms
up quite readily according to the temperature gauge, and the heater blower is
rather loud.  The problem is that the air coming out is barely warm.  I know
that the temperature control is hooked up properly, I did that when replaced the
console after the new wiring harness. I see two likelihoods, one is that the
heater valve is restricting water flow, two is that the heater core is clogged
and needs to be flushed.  Would anybody care to venture a call as to which
attack has the greater probability of success?  Please remember that this hardly
the season to dig out the garden hose in New England. TIA.

Bud Krueger