Re: Heat, or lack thereof in MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat, or lack thereof in MGB
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:41:57 -0400
>From: BDurgin1@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:52:32 EST
>To: larryhoy@cwix.com, H4aardvrk@aol.com, bkrueger@ici.net, mgs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Heat, or lack thereof in MGB
>Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net
>
>In a message dated 3/5/99 10:53:09 PM Pacific Standard Time, larryhoy@cwix.com
>writes:
>
><< There is also an "up rated" squirrel cage fan available from some supplier,
> I'm not sure who though.
>  >>

>I tried the uprated version sold by Seven Inds.  It is a generic piece
>designed for a larger heater control box than the standard B unit.  It will
>fit with a lot of pissing around with different clamps, etc.  However, it
>leaves a 1/2 inch gap that needs to be sealed around the heater box.  It will
>put out quite a bit more flow but in the end I put the old squirrel cage back
>because it looked better.  Seven Inds. is located in NJ somewhere.
>
>Anyway, we don't get any really cold weather in southern Cal, at least
>relative to other parts of the country.
>
>Bruce Durgin
>64 B

Bruce, Larry, et al...

I have no interest in this but I believe the supplier is Seven Enterprises,
716 Bluecrab Road, Newport News, VA 23606, phone 1/800-992-7007.  Several
years ago they made a substantial move into the MGB parts market and I did
a huge amount of business with them - for one thing I was consistently
getting my orders from them in less than 24 hours!  Sadly, in recent years
they seem to have drifted away from the B market - the last few times I
ordered from them, they would have  had to backorder just about everything
on my list.  I believe they are still strong in the Mini parts market.

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
New Castle, VA 24127