Re: Buying my first MG

To: PBcrispie@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying my first MG
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:25:06 EST
In a message dated 3/5/99 8:53:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, PBcrispie@aol.com
writes:

<< (My mom Suggested a Porsche from the same time period.  I
 had no response).  I think I know what to look for in order to make sure the
 car is in good condition, but if anyone has had some experience that is less
 known but important i would be extremely thankful.  Any advice would be
 encouraging.  (except to buy the porsche) >>
Mason,
     It appears to me that money is no object in your case..It also seems
evident to me that you are not a mechanic..If I were 18 and had a wad of cash
to spend on a 30 year old sports car, I would go for a nice porche 356 or even
a good Alfa..Keep in mind,Mason, that I own 4 MG-B's and have owned Brit
exclusevly since the early 1960's.     Money was an object to me,and I was a
mechanic..And I know that there is A LOT of work to be done to an old MG that
may not be required with an old 356..
     I am in no way trying to talk you out of buying an MG,rather, I am saying
, that all being equal, there are other means of transport out there that will
get you a better return on somebody's money spent than with a MG..go for it
Mason..We of the list will help answer your MG questions whenever we can.
Yours, H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1074MG-B roadster
1876MG-B roadster