Re: Buying my first MG

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, <PBcrispie@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Buying my first MG
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:09:17 -0500
At 04:17 PM 3/7/99 -0000, Paul Hunt wrote:
>Mason - my advice would be to get hold of a copy of Lyndsay Porter's "MGB -
>Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration", it does exactly what it says on the
>cover.

Absolutly. Great book.  I used it as a bible, and even copied the "how to buy"
section and carried it with me as sort of a check list when I looked at
cars.

>I bought the book before I bought my first B, studied the 'what to look
>for's (which come with an indication of cost of repair/replacement) and when
>I bought my car (chrome bumper roadster) got exactly what I expected to
>get - no nasty surprises.  Same thing with my second (rubber bumber factory
>V8 which I use as my 'every day' car).
>
>My second piece of advice is to look at the car twice, if you can, before
>you buy.

Good advice.  Try to drive it twice (or more times). Again, the more you
drive or
see it, the more things you will hear and/or see.

BTW, I looked at approximately a dozen cars before I bought mine.  I am very
glad that
I waited for the one that I found...

Good Luck and good driving....

Gene Balinski