RE: Moss Chrome

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Moss Chrome
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:42:11 -0800
Lawrie has some good insight into the thinking at Moss re: offering
differing quality levels on things like bumpers.  I'm afraid at this point
that if Moss were to offer an accurate, high quality bumper repro set for
twice the discount price, buyers would have a hard time stifling their
cynicism about whether it really was a quality product.

I find it a little hard to believe that in soggy olde England people would
pay for a bumper that rusts in a couple of months, so I guess the question
I would ask, if I knew to whom to address it, is:  Does Moss International
get its bumpers from the same sources that Moss Motors/VB use, and if they
do, are Brits as pissed off as we are?

Chris Attias
'64 MGB