Re: DPO'd again.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DPO'd again.....
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> (by way of Florrie & Allen
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:01:37 -0400
Florrie & Allen Bachelder suggested:

>Why buy a remote starter switch? Just pull the brown/white lead off the
>starter relay and touch it to any hot terminal on the fuse box.
>
>Allen

Ouch! You *are* kidding, aren't you?

> ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com> wrote:

No - why should I be kidding?  I do this all the time and have for many
years on many MGBs.  I restrained myself on this response because I figured
somebody else would - and finally responded when itseemed nobody else was
going to mention it.  To refine my response, I remove the fuse cover and
touch the B/W wire spade end (pulled from the relay) and touch it to the
rearward bottom fuse clamp (the B/W wire won't reach the other end of the
fuse anyway).

In answer to your 2nd  concern - Bs without starter relays - I confess I
haven't owned a '69, but my '67, also without a relay, is easier yet - it
has a rubber button on the end of the solonoid (mounted on the RH inner
wing).  Push the button.

Using either method: do make sure the car is out of gear!  My '73
affectionately tried to run over my right foot one day.  Outside of that,
the only problem with this method is that I occasionally forget to
reconnect the B/W wire to the relay.  I finish my tune-up, jump in the car,
hit the ignition key and ....  ((What the h*ll did I do to is THIS time?!))

Allen