Re: Visors

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Visors
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:40:56 -0800
I'm with Eric on this one. I'm 6'1" and have the seat almost all the way
back, and I wish the front 1/3 of the hardtop was tinted plexiglass so I
could see stoplights, overhead signs, SUV license plates, etc. Now that
it's spring (finally), we can remove that obstacle and look over the
windscreen as apparently God and Abingdon intended.

Years ago in a Spitfire I can recall using the visors in the "up"
position as wind deflectors, as someone else mentioned. But in the B they
would still be blocking my vision, due to the low aspect of the screen.
My friend that is restoring a '69 B had an Alpine for years, and he won't
shut up about how low the MG screen is. Hopefully when he gets it running
he will come to appreciate its other fine qualities.

I recall that older VW Beetles used to have dark tinted plexiglass sun
visors. Something like this might actually be useful on a B roadster.
Block the sun without totally obscurring vision...

Eric Erickson had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149