Re: Bonnet Pad Set

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet Pad Set
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 18:41:01 -0800
You used to be able to order rolls of various insulation materials from
J. C. Whitney... their catalog is a lot thinner now, though, and heavy on
truck and RV stuff. It might not add up to a savings, anyway, unless you
intended to insulate the floorboards and boot as well.

On the subject of the bonnet pad set, though, I have a question. I
ordered the set from Moss some time ago, before someone bashed my bonnet
(sounds bad, I know). So I didn't bother to install them, but now that I
look at them, I'm puzzled. The underside of the B bonnet (a bee in my
bonnet?) has two sections or areas defined by reinforcing partitions. Of
the two pads, one seems to fit in the rear section (toward the screen)
very tightly, so that you can tuck the loose edges under the partitions
(which appeals to my tidy mind). The other pad, however, is then far too
small to fill the front section -- it would just float in the middle of a
vast space with its funky-looking edges showing. This doesn't make much
sense to me. Can anyone with experience with the Moss kit comment on
this? Can't say I have a good mental picture of what a factory
installation looks like -- it seems every B I know has a replacement
bonnet (I wonder why?).

Dan Ray had this to say:

--

Max Heim