Re: THE source of all oil problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: THE source of all oil problems
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:17:01 -0400
' Sorry about my typo.  Not "filed", "failed".  Never tried filing them.
While I'm at it, I'll try "wrinkles" instead of "wrinles".  ' Think I'll
fire my editor...

Allen again...

I had a steady stream of filed innertubes on my wire-wheeled Bs until about
two years ago.  I had been using those "one-size-fits-all" tubes commonly
available in most tire stores - presuming they were all that's available.
Well you can get real Brit-made 165-14 tubes - they're about double the
rubber thickness of the junk in the stores, and they FIT.  No unseen
wrinles/creases that inevitably  fail - especially on interstates.

' Haven't had a flat since I switched.  ' Guess I better knock on rubber!

Allen

From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>

>Skye Poier wrote:
>
>> I must be doing something right, because my car has really been the
>> pinnicle of reliability since I got it almost a year ago.  Other than
>> problems with old tires and tubes giving me oodles of flats, it has
>> purred right along without missing a beat. ...<snip>...

*    Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<         *
*    Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs *
*    New Castle, VA 24127                       *
*    USA                                        *
*    540/544-7333                               *