Re: wire wheels

To: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:08:48 -0700 (PDT)
At 10:46 AM 4/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone tried the bolt on wire wheels like those for sale by Victoria
>Brit? May not be purist but would be a quick swap. I'm having my rostyles
>blasted and checked for true. If they are wobbly I'll have to find a "plan
>B". New Rostlyes are amazingly high priced. Used Rostlyes are what I have
>now!  Maybe panasports...

Eric,

Yup I had a set of chrome 14x6 bolt on wires on my `76 B years ago.
Supposedly they were originally on a 240Z. I bought them without centers but
luckily enough, the rostyle wheel centers snapped right in and looked
original. They worked well and looked great but with the wider rubber I was
able to fit I had a bit of a rubbing problem when fully loaded and cornering
hard.  Of course that could have been `cause the `76 body rolled like a
canoe. I still have them but sadly several of the spokes have lost their
chrome and they're covered in years of shop dust.

Anybody interested?
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada