Re: (forw) FIA homologation #?

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: (forw) FIA homologation #?
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:35:32 -0700
Hey guys!

      Before you give that requestor too much flap, you may want to do a bit of
archiving.
I'm sure that some other OF's will join me in recalling that the term was very
much in vogue back in the 50's & 60's when sports cars were being raced.  I
believe that it had to do with the 'official/legal' set of specs for a
particular model to allow it to be raced in a certain category.  I'm sure that
Bill Spohn could set us straight on this.

BTW, the Pontiac GTO initials stood for Grand Touring Omologated. (Really)

Bud Krueger, OF