Re: (forw) FIA homologation #?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (forw) FIA homologation #?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:43:18 -0700
Homologation, as used by racing sanctioning bodies, refers to insuring
that the said vehicle is in conformance with the regulations which
determine which vehicles are eligible for competition (in a certain
class). Usually this is used in reference to eligibility from the
FACTORY, such as when Enzo assured the FIA that he had indeed built 100
GTOs in order to qualify the model in the GT category rather than as
prototypes (heh heh). I think our correspondent is using the term in a
slightly different sense, as in "what are the rules regarding elibility,
allowed modifications, required safety equipment, etc. for FIA sanctioned
historic racing in Europe?"

I am afraid I have no info on this subject. Any vintage racers care to
take a stab?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149