Re: Crazy II

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crazy II
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:40:38 -0700
I can't help but note that another lister has a '73 engine with good
clutch and transmission for sale (along with a wrecked GT parts car) for
only $700.  It may be out of your way (Annapolis), but that's the sort of
deal that would make this endeavour feasible.

When my '66 spun a main bearing (more precisely, shredded and
regurgitated, with collateral damage) I found an alleged low-mileage Gold
Seal engine, had the bottom opened up and the mains replaced as a
precaution (though they actually turned out to have been OK), and was
running in a week for $800. An engine swap would be great practice and
would allow you to become intimate with the mechanical details right away
(that's what you wanted, right?)

: )

--

Max Heim