Re: Crazy II

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crazy II
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:03:11 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/99 4:33:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MMich99551@aol.com writes:

<< I just got back from taking the 75 MGB to the mechanic for a pre-buy
check.
 He concurred with the list that I need to go back to the SU carbs.  He also
 did a compression test and then a "wet" test which revealed an engine
rebuild
 was needed.  The compression results were 115, 85, 115, & 95.  He also said
 clutch replacement would be needed.  The price tag: $3,000.00.
 I think I am going to continue my search for another car, what is your
 opinion?

 Thanks, (for your patience with a newbie)
 Mark Michael >>
Depends upon need and budget. Doing clutch same time as rebuild is smart
cause you gotta pull engine anyway. Another car may need clutch soon which is
still gonna cost you $7-800. After your $3k you will have all the majors
covered and have a good body. Can probably find one for less that is very
driveable without in need of immediate $ but make sure body is good.
Good luck and keep us posted.
robmgb
74B