Re: Vapour lock problem. Was won't start

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vapour lock problem. Was won't start
From: Don Walton <dhw@pinehurst.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
This could also be caused by a fuel tank full of rusty crud, the pick-up
tube could be clogging up and cutting off your fuel supply and after a few
minutes of no pump pressure the crud will fall away form the tube and your
car will start again.  I had this happen to me on my 73 B when I got it.  I
cured mine with a new fuel tank but I have also fixed my 74 B with POR 15
gas tank sealer which IMHO works very well.  Good luck...Don Walton