Re: Vapour lock problem. Was won't start

To: Matt.Kulka@hboc.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vapour lock problem. Was won't start
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:46:16 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/99 8:44:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Matt.Kulka@hboc.com writes:

<< I've heard this urban myth for a long time, but never had a car that
 vapor-locked to test it out.  My WAG though, is that the clothespin acts as
 a heat sink, drawing just enough heat out of the line to overcome the vapor
 lock.  It sure does look silly though.  >>

Wood is not a very good conductor of heat.  Why not drape a wet rag over the
line?  Or use a metal soldering heat sink?  I bet the first guy to use the
clothes pin only did so because that was all he had, and it stuck.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport