Re: Vapour lock problem. Was won't start

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Subject: Re: Vapour lock problem. Was won't start
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:22:50 -0500

"Jones, Mark" wrote: If it is a vapour lock problem how do I go about further
diagnosing the problem in terms of where exactly the problem is originating at
(is it at

> the pump or under the bonnet)?  Could the wrong pump be inducing my vapour
> lock problem?

The pump will not induce vapor lock.  The vapor lock problem is in the fuel line
where heat causes the fuel to bubble.  This is not, however, to be confused w/
boiling fuel in the carbs.  An easy test for vapor lock is a simple wooden
clothes pin.  Clamp it on the visible part of the line (before the carbs) and
off you go.  Yes, it is odd but it works.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO