Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:34:52 -0400 (EDT)
Depending on what state the car came from  it may or may not have a title.
In New York for example old cars don't have titles, you transfer ownership
by signing the back of the registration(which is a small document that you
carry with you),newer cars require a registration which is an official
looking document maybe 8"X10". Again it depends on the state the car came
from. All that is necessary to transfer ownership is to sign on the back
of either. When you put plates on the car you need to have something that
shows how much you paid so that the tax man can sock it to you. This can
be anything from a napkin to a back of a matchbook cover.
...Art