Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: Warren Kring <wkring@home.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 20:25:25 -0400
If the NY registration is marked transferable, there is no title.
Only the transfer info on the back of the registration needs to be
filled out.  If it's non-transferable, you need the separate title
document.

In looking at the NY DMV web site, the car might pass without a
working engine.  They want you to be able to stop, turn, and be seen.
They
apparently don't care if you can get started.

I'm guessing that since NY requires the inspection sticker in the
windshield, it might be possible to keep the registration going
despite the fact the car can't be on the road.

I'm now living in Maryland, so I'm rusty on the details of NY
registration.  However I just got a trailer from NY that was
registered with a transferable registration, so I know they're still
using
them.

New York state inspection page:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/inspect.htm