Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:48:18 +1000
Phil and all,

>If it is Gullwing, I'd be less suspicious of the car's Alabama provenance.

Yes it is Gullwing.

>It's good to be careful about cars without titles, but it's also good to be
>careful about suggesting that somebody might be doing something
>underhanded.

I hope no one read that into my post, for I was not for a moment suggesting
Gullwing had sold me a dodgy car, I am just *totally* ignorant of the
documentation required to transfer ownership and register cars bought in the
US. I just wanted to make sure that when I finally do get the car down here
I have enough documentation to be able to register it. Looks like I will
have and many thanks for all the responses I received! It seems so confusing
over there, makes me glad we only have 5 states in Australia!!! <G>

My comments on Gullwing: I've found them to be excellent! Did me a good deal
on the car and have even looked after it for me for the last few months
while I've been fuffing around trying to decide what to do with it, either
import it or store it locally. Thanks to Mike Graziano there for coming to
the rescue - I'm storing it locally until I can afford the exorbitant import
costs - $6000+AUD I'd highly recommend Gullwing, speak to Peter Kumar he's
the boss I think and a very decent guy to deal with.

Cheers,
Neil.