Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: SpuriousV8@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 19:17:05 EDT
mmmm
        I haven't seen anyone bring this up about NY State, But any car built
before 1973 , New York feels they don't have to issue a title. I have seen
mention of Transferable registrations though. I am sure the dealer knows his
way around such hardships levied on his customers. This could be the reason
it  was done this way. I ran into this problem on a B with a gargemans lien
on it,  I had all this paperwork saying The car was mine, and it was free and
clear of all problems according to NY  State. And I ended up parting out the
car Because I couldn't get any insurance company in NY to issue me a policy,
so I couldn't get one of these transferable things. I hold a NJ License, so I
was out in the cold. So about $1000.00 later, chop chop.
       As for the Alabama Title, I would feel alot better holding that one.
It is a real title. To title a car depending on the state, it doesn't always
have to be physically in the state when the title is issued. It's all in who
you know, and what you know. I found out about Alabama a little to late to
help me.
       So,, any New Yorkers or People from Alabama care to enlighten us. Keep
in mind, this is only my personal experience. Not the LAW. I have no
connections, so I wish I had a dealer involved in my purchase.

Safety Faster
Jim Brucato
1980 MGB V8 ,,,,,,,, not going to Vancouver,,,, but it was a nice dream while
it
                                                                        lasted
1964 MGB       waiting for it's share of money to restore it to what it
should "B"