RE: Oil filters

To: wizard@maxinter.net, "'wizardz'" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: RE: Oil filters
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:21:18 -0500
Even if the threads are the same, the pressure switch has to match the oil
pressure gauge. I'm not sure about oil pressure, but I have been told that
one of the reasons Bs seem to overheat is that the sender and the gauge are
mismatched. I'm not sure of the match being the problem, but the C seemed to
peg on the H when driving in hot weather. Definitely when on the road. I
swapped it for a mechanical one which was calibrated in degrees Fahrenheit,
and the perception of an overheating problem went away. Do you know for sure
they are interchangeable? If not, I'll ask some of the folks that are more
knowledgeable than I am.

Thanks for the response.

Jack