oil filters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil filters
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 11:09:13 EDT
I have the Leyland master parts manual, and from what it  shows it would seem
that the hanging and inverted spin-on filters were used at similar times.
When it shows this type of thing it usually means that the differences were
by market, option or other variable. (the book isn't very chatty about such
things)  At any rate, if I had a post-74B the very first thing I'd do is go
to the hanging filter and add an oil cooler. The B series motor was never
really designed to handle the lean mixtures and heat generated by catalytic
equipped cars, and everything you can do to cool the oil, protect the
bearings etc is helpful.
Cheers