Re: MGB Leans to the Left

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Leans to the Left
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:26:14 -0400
OK, you right-hand drive guys - do old Bs in the UK lean to the right?
I've just been through this with my '76.  A set of new front springs and
two sets of  rear springs later, and after a trip to the frame shop, it
still leaned an inch to the left.  The frame shop confirmed my own guess -
the car is totally straight - including spring pans, A-arms, and front
Xmember.  They finally 'fixed' it with a couple of spring helpers on the
left front - something I'm not entirely happy about but that's the way it
is right now.

Finding decent new rear springs for Bs is a problem.  I will say that Moss
graciously accepted  a return/refund on a set that raised the rear end
enough to cause the oxygen masks to drop down - even though I didn't
discover it until over two years after purchase.  Anybody have some new
solutions?

Allen

From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>

>Yes..it's most often caused by 'single driver' wieght in the car.
>
>Best and safest... if it's simply spring sag... replace the springs.
>
>Paul Tegler

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         New Castle, VA 24127