Re: Car Pricing Guide

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car Pricing Guide
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 02:57:13 +0510
Max Heim wrote:

> Let's translate that into US dollars for comparison, then... US dollar
> equivalents and what that would buy in the US (IMHO -- you folks
> trying to recoup your investments may not agree)...

Just a quick final (hmmm) word from me on this.

My straight but no-show-queen 68 'B cost me $AU10,500 ... I could buy a
reasonable house (three bedrooms on a 1/4 acre block in a decent suburb)
within fifteen/twenty minutes of the city for between $90,000 and
$130,000.  I *could* spend a LOT more, of course, but these prices are
reasonable.

Then again, I could buy a beachside/lakeside/riverside retreat just down
the road (like Scotty) for lots more... but you get my drift.

Does that help with the price comparisons :-)

Neil Cotty couldn't quite say the same for where he is (I am looking at
moving to Melbourne and I lived in Sydney for seven years, where that
sort of money is what you pay for a lock-up garage in the city)... but
this is *my* story, isn't it?

Eric
'68MGB MkII