RE: WHEEL PAINT

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WHEEL PAINT
From: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:02:47 -0500
Actually, I just did all four of my rims with the tires on. The trick is to
break the tire bead from the rim. Once this is done, it is simplicity to
mask off the tire. I used a green plastic trash bag for this. I "tore" a
small hole in the bag and "stretched" it over the rim. The fit was so snug
that I didn't even need to use tape. The rim got full paint coverage and the
tires were completely paint free. When I was finished and the paint was dry,
I simply aired up the tires and let the air pressure pop the bead back in
place. :)

~alan
'71B

Reply to:
Alan Lott
GTA, Auburn Univeristy
Department of Rehabilitation and Special Education

My Office-      (334) 844-2092
Department-     (334) 844-5943
Fax-            (334) 844-2080