Re: car-o-scope

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car-o-scope
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:41:06 -0700
Two things are obvious about this Car-O-Scope gimmick, judging from
everyone's responses..

1) It has a very limited database of vehicles. For example, it always
recommends "MG Midget", never "Austin-Healey Sprite" or "FIAT 850
Spider". But in this case, maybe it's just good taste  : )

2) The folks who set up the database have a very limited knowledge of
automobiles in general. Hence the obsolete models, such as "Ford Granada"
and "Chrysler Fifth Avenue". If they're going to include those, where are
the Gremlins and K-cars?  And what's with this "AMC Jeep" business?
Chrysler (now DaimlerChrysler) has owned Jeep for what, 20 years?

I think I'll tell 'em I'm 100 years old and own a Countach and a 1921
Hupmobile and see if they come up with the same lame list...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149