Re: 78 b cooling fans

To: <PAINTRIX@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 78 b cooling fans
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:45:10 +0100
If they are in front of the rad then they should be pushing.  But a pusher
fan is very inefficient because so much of the air flies off the ends of the
blades rather than going through the rad.  It may be this is the air you can
feel.  If you put your hand at the back of the rad you should still be able
to feel air coming through, though.  Some people have fitted a shroud and
experienced a significant improvement in fan cooling.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/