Re: Rear Spring Removal

To: mgb <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Removal
From: Mike <mtb14@liii.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:57:05 -0400
Friends,

It took me over four hours to do the rear springs on my 73 B.  I would say
that
an hour and a half was spent assembling and disassembling, and the rest of
the
time was spent swearing at the frozen bold on each side, and persuading it
with
the sawzall.  Two bits of advice:   1)  If you think you will ever have to
remove
the new bolt in the future, use anti-seize liberally.   and 2)  The bolt is
no more
cooperative after all that swearing.

Part of the aggravation is caused by the sawzall blade getting hooked up in
the
rubber part of the bushing, causing the operator to oscillate and the blade
stay put.  WEAR gloves and be careful to avoid smashed knuckles when this
happens.

MY QUESTION:  Should I expect a similar nightmare if I attempt to replace
my very-shot lower front bushings (8)?  Anyone have any tips for doing this?

    Mike
    White '73B     (almost done!)
    http://www.liii.com/~mtb14/mg  (under construction)