Re: I've had it! (with looking for brake air)

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: I've had it! (with looking for brake air)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:46:26
At 07:54 PM 8/11/99 -0500, Dan Ray wrote:
>The new White Post M/C is in and working ok, but there is air getting in
SOMEWHERE in the front system, .... There are no external leaks. ....

Wild gueess here.  Many years ago I rebuilt the (dual) MC on an MGA, and
afterwards couldn't get the clutch slave to bleed properly.  No matter how
much pumping and bleeding we did it still had air coming out, maybe several
cubic feet of the stuff.  Apparently the fresh MC would create a small
vacuum in the line on the return stroke, and the old slave rubber cup was
so weak that it was sucking air in past he the slave cup on the return
stroke.  I repacked the slave with a new rubber cup and all was well again.
 Have you repacked or replaced the wheel cylinders?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg