Re: I've had it! (with looking for brake air)

To: danray@bluegrass.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I've had it! (with looking for brake air)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:44:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/99 7:53:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
danray@bluegrass.net writes:

<< The new White Post M/C is in and working ok, but there is air getting in
 SOMEWHERE in the front system, I think on the right side line. This is the
 same symptom I've had for a while, replacing M/Cs, etc. Is it possible that
 the bleed valves on the caliper is leaking air?
 There are no external leaks. Hmmph...maybe I'll try my Loctite teflon sealer
 trick on the bleed valves.
 I'm at the end of my rope with looking for the air! >>

Take out the bleed screw and put in another one.  They are available at all
auto supply stores.  You might want to replace all the bleed screws with
Spped Bleeders to make bleeding easier.  Take the old screw in to the store
and match up the threads and the length, to get the right ones.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it might be the caliper seals.  I just
rebuilt mine ('77 Midget) and it is pretty easy.

Lastly, order or make a new brake pipe for that side.  Replacing a brake pipe
isn't difficult.  That's about all that can leak, if you are sure it is on
the RF.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget