Re: Midget Owners?

To: "Gene Fox" <genefox@bellatlantic.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Midget Owners?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:26:31 -0400
Now all I sald was that I was keeping up with youse two, I never said I
could catch you nor pass. We wre running nearly 90 for a stretch and I
was hanging in there (or is that out there?). But ready to fall back had
it pushed much faster!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the Rocks (one of the Best East Coast
Shows - especilly in scenery)

Larry

PS I have seen Dr. Doug in the rear view mirror!!! I have pictures to
prove it!!! (he let me pass to lead for a while)

>Missed the beginning of this thread, but since I've been noted in quote,
>I'm inclined to throw my tuppence into the fray.
>
>Midgets being fast, I don't know about that.
>Doug Russell has a valid point.  There is no substitute for cubic inches
>or number of cylinders.
>However, in good race tune a Midget will walk all over an MGB daily
>driver in average tune.  It will outrun a  "C" only if the confounded
>thing overheats and has to pull over to cool off.
>Midgets being Rare????  I don't know about that either.
>Doug, last year when you passed my little maroon blur, I had no idea we
>were racing.
>Larry thought we were and wrote me a shame shame note.  I guess my car
>just looks fast.
>This year the GT is in semi retirement and getting a well deserved
>rest.  It is on the golf course circuit this year dutifully toting my
>clubs around and drawing attention in parking lots. It will be back in
>2000!!!
>
>I'll see you at the Rocks this year with my little four cylinder  black
>LE.  (Try to pass it on the way home)
>Love and Kisses

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu