RE: How to check the oil pressure gauge

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: How to check the oil pressure gauge
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:46:55 +0200
Hi James,

Have you heard any news how the gauge can be tested?
Temporarely (5 seconds max) grounding the other gauges to my opinion is not
really bad to do.
It forces the instrument though, but as the instrumnet works on the "hot
wire"principle, a short time short to ground does not create to much heat.

The oil pressure gauge I assume works on a different principle, because if I
remember it well, the needle can move quickly unlike the temp. and fuel
gauge can and need to do so.
Oil pressure varie directly with the rev. speed of the engine.

Have you go a wiring diagram showing the electrical setup of this gauge?

TIA!

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT definitively equipped with an electrical oil pressure gauge