Re: How to check the oil pressure gauge

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to check the oil pressure gauge
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:16:21 -0600 (MDT)
Hans,

The guage went electrical at some point between 66 and 71.  The sender is
located just below the engine id tag.  It is a cylinder with a small oil
pipe coming out of the rear into the block and the other side has a
connector for a single wire that goes into the harness and directly to the
oil guage.  If memory serves me the wire is white with brown but I could
be wrong.  The sender and gauge work similarly to the temperature stuff,
but I don't remember how exactly to test them, I think that if you ground
the sender lead while it is connected to the gauge you will get one
extreme and if you connect it to +12v then you will get the other.
Someone please back me up here so I don't say something that will fry his
oil gauge.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT bastardization with big aluminum heart :)
'63 Buick 215 cubic inch 'heart'