Re: Stripping the A

To: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Stripping the A
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:44:42 -0400
David:  I purchased the 5/16" mahogany being told it was "marine plywood".  The
5/16" ply was recommended by CSR, the provider of the template.  It is 6-ply.
I will check the availability of a penetrating epoxy or some related water
proofing material.  Thanks for the response.

<snip>
I agree. How many plys are in that mahogany plywood? I've seen somewith as
littlw as 3. 5 or 7 ply would be much better.  Also, treating it with
penetrating epoxy will make it last a very long time, if you can find the
epoxy. It's hard to locate in inland areas.

*****************
Regards, Eric Stephen
1960 MGA1600 Roadster
NAMGAR# 574
Nepean, Ontario
Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.html
Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras