Re: Dont knock my LBC bud! I'd Worry about your's! Re: (was : Shame on

To: <REwald9535@aol.com>, <wizardz@maxinter.net>,
Subject: Re: Dont knock my LBC bud! I'd Worry about your's! Re: (was : Shame on CU )
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:10:38 -0400
PS there was a Road&Track article to this effect a couple of issues ago.
The computers in cars are extremely unlikely to encounter any problems.
The digital clocks - maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) - but that is about
it.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 8/27/99 20:13, REwald9535@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>In a message dated 8/27/99 7:57:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>wizardz@maxinter.net writes:
>
>> And guess what people! Many are going to have problems next year
>>  with idiot lights that won't turn off (maintainance schedules etc)
>>  because of the computer clocks post dating 2000!
>Urban legend alert!!
>I work with new cars all the time in my day job. (technical instructor for
>Volvo) I know of no car electronics system that knows the date.  This
>includes the S80 which is probably the most electronically advanced car on
>the road today (18 separate computers all running on a network system, a LAN
>on wheels).  Since the cars don't know the date they can't have a Y2K
>problem.
>There wasn't that simple
>Rick Ewald

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.