Re: Roller throw out bearing

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: Roller throw out bearing
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:15:11 -0400
...gotta' agree with Peter on the longevity issue.
I'm pretty hard on clutches. I do more compression braking
and 'slow down' shifting slipping the clutch then foot on the brakes.
And my clutch and bearing usually will last me a good 80 to 100K miles.
(the only exception over the years was my 1984 S10 Blazer - ~30K
then again it was only an 8" diameter plate in a 3700+LBS vehicle)

Paul Tegler
OBie - 1973 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat - 1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - 1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Greene - 1972 Round Wheel arch MG Midget in the works
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com